These papers are made with cotton from the spinning remains produced by Organic Cotton Colors (OCC), a company with a solid social and environmental commitment. The OCC stamp guarantees the sustainable traceability of this cotton from the seed to the transformation into pulp to make paper:
- No intermediaries or exploitation: 450 farmers and their families are just as much a part of the project OCC.
- Non-transgenic seeds. 100% reliable: our growers separate the seeds themselves. The farmers keep all the seeds for replanting or for feeding the animals.
- Eco-friendly agriculture that is respectful of human and animal biodiversity (we do not use insecticides). Fields worked with animals, free from polluting agricultural machinery.
- Biodynamic growing practices: the farmers also grow other organic foodstuffs for sale or self-sufficiency such as millet, beans, peanuts, sesame, palm, castor oil, cucumbers, etc.
- Total control of the whole cycle: growing, spinning, weaving and manufacturing. A completely pure and biodegradable fabric.
- Cotton only with the natural colors of the plant: the cotton without chemicals or whitening is born with a multitude of colors, such as raw, brown and green!
Organic Cotton Colors farmers in Brazil
|Composition||100% organic cotton Occ guarantee|
|Colour||Raw / Brown / Green (natural colors)|
|Sized||Neutral sized in mass|
|Neutral pH||Acid free (age resistant)|
|Edges||Four deckled edges|